2018 Pet Blogger Challenge
The Pet Blogger Challange is a set of questions by the Go Pet Friendly blog for bloggers to answer over the weekend of January 6th, 7th, & 8th. While this is the 8th annual Pet Blogger Challenge there, this is my first.
My dog Princess
Here are the questions and my answers:
1. For those who may be visiting your blog for the first time, how long have you been blogging and what is your main topic?
I’ve been blogging for probably over a decade. I’ve only been pet-blogging specifically since February 8, 2017, when I published the intro post for this blog.
The main topic of Puppy Snuggles is anything dog related, mostly with a positive message.
2. What was your proudest blogging moment of 2017?
Starting Puppy Snuggles! I haven’t done super well with this blog, but I have done moderately well with the social media aspect, especially Facebook and Twitter.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why?
Probably Princess versus the Sliding Glass Door as it indicated a shift in the blog’s focus from being information and advice-oriented to being story oriented.
4. In terms of your blog, how do you measure success?
Right now, just the ability to post frequently enough with posts that I feel are high quality. Last year I only made 21 posts, which is not quite two a month.
5. In what ways has your blog changed during 2017?
My focus switched from trying to give advice to writing stories.
6. What was the biggest blogging challenge you overcame in 2017, and what did you learn that could help other bloggers?
Initially, I was trying to give advice and provide detailed analysis. I finally decided it would be better to write more story-oriented blog posts.
7. When things get hard, what keeps you blogging?
It’s fun. I do it a lot to develop my writing skills. I also really like dogs.
8. Looking forward to 2018, what are you hoping to accomplish on your blog this year?
I would like to make more posts and have more engagement.
9. In addition to what you’d like to accomplish, is here one specific skill you’d like to improve or master this year?
Perhaps get better at writing prose. I might even post some fiction blog posts. Of course, I’ll let people know those stories are mostly fiction.